Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Cardio, running, health.

LOL, if I want to relax I can think of a million better things than jogging lol. I have jogged lol for active recovery though.

far out, ppl take things way too seriously these days.

its a forum... discuss...

i lift weights to get strong and to look good. I do all compound lifts: deads, squats, rows, presses, pullups. I also jog for basketball, soccer, getting to the train when i'm late, and to see the hot women running around the tan. I also do some mountain biking. Just cos i do something, i don't expect everyone to do it and enjoy it or even understand why i do it, I just tell em how i see it and let them figure the rest out. Stress less..

If you jogged on the court of the basketball team I coach you wouldnt get many minutes, same goes for Max's soccer team, thats why JOGGING has no place in a sports program.

It also appears to me that you are stressing more than Squirrel is, try a punching bag for stress relief.

Dont stress, I'm just discussing.

I enjoy HIIT but recently my left knee has been a bit sore. Lately I've been jogging a bit more because of this. I find it helps shape my legs nicely.

That and it's better than no exercise at all. I still do this in addition to my weight training and combat classes.

i play basketball with friends, we play for fun not to try to become pros. Its not a sports program, its just a game.

I've got a punching bag i haven't used to vent on in ages cos i don't get that stressed cos i don't take everything that seriously.

Its apparent to me that you, m&m, are very focused towards making every effort count towards generating the results you and your clients are after because thats your livelihood and your passion. To people like me its an aspect of lesser importance because i have other things i need to focus on, and subsequently, jogging becomes a reasonable compromise.

I totally understand that. I've got clients who jog on the beach, I ask them why, if they say because they love it, I say fantastic, if they say to lose weight etc, I then pull them up and correct them.

Wow... first time reading this forum and well, it sucks.

Switch the whole forum to moderation on so no post can be added without m&m's approval.

I am also new to this forum, and am a beginner to losing weight, building muscle etc, but not new to being overweight.

Can someone tell me more about "HIIT"

m&m, are you open to providing newbie's with advice?

Edited by MADTRK

Thats all I do on here, most of my threads are aimed at fat loss, and I'm over 10,000 posts, have a look around big fella.

I am also new to this forum, and am a beginner to losing weight, building muscle etc, but not new to being overweight.

Can someone tell me more about "HIIT"

m&m, are you open to providing newbie's with advice?

HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training, and is a way of training which promotes maximum intensity, maximum pain and maximum fat loss for minimal time. basically you push yourlself hard for a 20 or so min workout and over a 24 hour period it will burn alot more calories than if you went for a 1 hr slow jog. WIth HIIT your body keeps burning calories when your workout finishes for hours whereas if you do your 1hr slow jog you won't really burn more after that 1 hr. its known to be a great technique for losing fat and the best way to go about doing it if you want to lose minimal muscle tissue too.

a good example is 15-20mins of 50m sprints, with only recovery between each sprint is walking back to the start line

okay so i understand the information which leads to the conclusion that jogging is useless

ive read through the thread and a lot of people continue to say how much joggging sucks and is pointless

when i was 13yrs old i weighed 92kgs at about 170ishcm, one day i started jogging

before i knew i was jogging twice a day

and at 15yrs old i was 180ishcm and 78kg

jogging helped me lose weight and change my life

i dont hate it ;)

Imagine how much more effecient that weight loss would have been if you had of done it the other way. Imagine training for 4 minutes instead of an hour or twice a day and still lose more weight and look better. Good work on what you have done i'm definetly not taking that away from you but all we are saying is there are better ways ;) It is not our first choice.

hey guys what do you think would be more effective if i did my HIIT sprinting after workouts for 20 mins or first thing in the morning before work? or should i do both and change it up ie 1 week do it after i do weight training in the evening and the next week do it first thing in the morning then at nights only do weight training etc. trying to lose more bodyfat

experiment. in morning may be better, it would allow you to burn excess blood sugar before breakfast, you may tire quicker though.

i couldnt do it in morning. ive tried and failed miserably. hehe

Do a solid session of 20x40m sprints HIIT style, then see if you could do it every day in the morning, or before/after a workout. They are much more intense/difficult than people realise!

I needed a couple days to recover from my first few HIIT sprint workouts... I adjusted and started doing them on Sundays (my usual day off training), but found that they buggered up my squat session on Monday or Tuesday. Best is to experiment and see how your body responds to them. Same goes for tabata thrusters etc.

*edit - beat me to it!*

Edited by LISTEN_180SX

i used to run 30 mins each morning (jog) so getting up in the morning is not a problem for me, i am a very disciplined person

atm ive been doing sprints after workouts, 10 x 50m on a very steep uphill

on days where i don't train i do 12-15 x 50 on the same hill

starting next week im gonna try morning and see how i go

after 8-12 hours of eating NO protien, the last thin you want to do is go for a run........

if you do, make sure you eat something first.

Wow... first time reading this forum and well, it sucks.

Switch the whole forum to moderation on so no post can be added without m&m's approval.

I don't usually post on here because I'm a newbie. I have no advice to give anyone, I only have things to learn. So I don't need to post to learn, only read.

But some of the posts in this thread is ridiculous. As M&M said he's over 10,000 posts. The only reason he's here is to try and help people. He runs his own business training people, yet he still finds time to come on here and offer help for FREE. I understand some people don't like some of his blunt comments or disagree with his techniques, it will always happen, it's part of life. But why would anyone bother posting up stuff like this "Hi I don't even care about this section but I'm going to sit here and bag it out anyway". Why not just close the window instead of putting up useless crap like this?

I just want to say a thanks to those who offer their time and advice on here for free.

For all those people who aren't experts, stop posting crap, or re-hashing what you read somewhere else, or putting up something you think you heard builds muscle from your mothers cousin's brother. If you want to know something, ASK. There's plenty of people on here who will be happy to help. But posting up bs just makes it harder to sift through the crap for those of us who are here to listen and learn.