Sign in to follow this  
blaq-boi

Re-Intro and questions

Hey guys

Gihan here

ok so ive tried this gym thing over and over, it generally dosent stick for more than 3 or so weeks

im a bit of a fatty

6'3 bout 104 kg...

my friend has been doing gym for the past 3 or so years, he put on huge size and recently is in to loosing weight

i ahve a few questions

firstly he seems to becoming like some kind of clean freak... first it started with wanting to look healthy, then it was not reusing bottles, now he freaks out ... dosent want to touch something that anyone else has, eg. steering wheels...

we have a pretty sweet backyard gym... we just filled the floor with this soft matt stuff from aldi... anyways he freaks out of we lay on the ground for situps, that its disgusting etc

he dosent drink now

or smoke anymore

and if he is around anyone who is eating fast food

he just says "thats f**king dsgusting, i wouldnt put that shit in my body this n that"

to be honest its so bloody embarrassing

anyways is this normal? like wtf?

back to me, ill take a pic of my ugly ass body

i would say im overweight... even obese... but i dont think im unhealthy to be honest...

anyways i just want o be as FIT as i can, get more self confidence and the rest that goes with it

some info on me

im a 2nd year apprentice boilermaker... im 21 i work hard, start at 7:30 get up at 6:30 work is 45mins drive from home

finish work at 4, usually come home chill out then drive to my mates house (to do gym)

im very very tired after work but push myself at the gym, although sometimes if im not feeling right i jsut wont do gym

is it wrong for me to think... that id rather not do a session, than do a shit one?

also one fo the things im having the biggest problem with is

KNOWING WHEN TO STOP???

in terms of everything ... (haha no not about rape... or surprise sex)

but the gym, and cardio workouts.. after i do something til im farked, i can take a breather and feel as if i can do it again... i walk away always feeling liek i could have done more!!!

i know this post is all over the place but try put it together lol

ive recently found a new faith in myself...!!!

i feel as if i am capable of much more than i thought. 2 months ago, my idea of a hardcore jog/run was around the block... and i never did it...

about 5 weeks ago i went on a run with my mate, the thing about him is, he shows off alot, i mean good on him he desereves it, he has worked hard, butsometimes it jsut puts you down

anyways

i take that and make it my fuel!!!

he was saying h has been doing this huge run everyday this n that...

and i went along with him... i stopped 5 times for about 1-2 mins walking

finally made it home, it was just over 5kms...

the next week i did it... I ONLY STOPPED TO WALK ONCE!!!

from that day on i have a new belief in me that i can reach my goals

my goal

TO BE ABLE TO WEAR A T-SHIRT OUT WITH CONFIDENCE...

the last time i just wore a tshirt out was probably about 6-7 years ago...

also another issure, like i said ive tried this gym stuff for the past year or so but it hasnt stuck til now...

but before then when i did weights... id get that pain that nice soothing pain the next day!!! get me? you all know what im taling about

but this time around

NOTHING

maybe the tiniest bit.. but wheres the pain gone? am i not doing it right? is my form bad? i can honestly go as hard as i can, and nothing the next day

its pissing me off that i even tried to keep up witha bloke from work whos in to bodybuilding

and the same thing... NO PAIN?

whats wrong with me?

anyways... sorry for the weird thread but i really need help on when to stop

oh my daily diet

consists of

morning - so good soy milk chocolate flavour

morning tea - Brunch bar, Orange, Banana lactose free yoghurt

lunch - Rice And Curry lol

then i get home from work and i have rice and curry again, maybe pasta depends on what the olds cook

also ive been trying to drink a 600ml bottle of water EVERY half hour at work.. is this too much?

i tried the hwole SALAD only thing, i could do it, did it for 2 weeeks... but i just need some killer recipies!

hey man, a lot of people post just like you here every week. Read all the pinned threads, then read them again.

all the info you want is on here. From what i can see from the diet you posted, you need to fix it immediately. I can bet you someone will quote it, highlight it all in red and call it absolute rubbish.

oh my daily diet

consists of

then i get home from work and i have rice and curry again, maybe pasta depends on what the olds cook

also ive been trying to drink a 600ml bottle of water EVERY half hour at work.. is this too much?

i tried the hwole SALAD only thing, i could do it, did it for 2 weeeks... but i just need some killer recipies!

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH :P

Edited by COOP

oh my daily diet

consists of

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH :P

well give him constructive criticism by telling him what to not to eat for his weight loss goals eg: loose the rice and pasta ect.

I keep seeing people posting "SHIT DIET!" ect and thats it? its pointless <_>

Yes unfortunately a side effect of getting huge is becoming a clean freak. I won't use a set of cutlery more than once and I only drink milk from white cows, not dirty brown ones.

how many of these posts do we have to see ...

my friend you will get NOWHERE with that diet ... read the threads on here or if your too lazy PM M&M for a diet and training program to suit you ... he does charge a small fee but it is well worth it he never fails

ok can everyone relax its like all you guys say when a new guy comes is "read the pinned threads"

i wasnt asking if my diet is good

lol i KNOW it not

i was just giving everyone some backround info

so when it all changes and i HOPEFULLY get results then i can update!

sorry if i pissed anyone off.

i mean you guys are huge... :S

you havent pissed anyone off .. we will always try to help but we cant help you if you cant help yourself

start by trying to fit some sort of complete protein into every meal. If you don't know what 'complete' is please look it up and come back to this thread with a definition.

Now you want to have atleast 25grams of protein in every meal you have. We are shooting for 6 meals a day here (3 main, 2 snacks, 1 supper).

So write up what you are going to do to meet the above criteria as a bare minimum. We aren't going to write this shit for you. you have to read, learn and write it for yourself. apply it to your curreent diet where you are not meeting that protein requirement. I'll give you a hint - you breakfast definately doesn't.

and 600ml H2O every half hour is over doing it. your looking for 2-3ltrs a day.

thats constructive, idiot.

have protien at every meal, mixed with essential fatty acids and unprocessed carbohydrates. have 5-6 meals a day, space them 2-3 hours apart.

best protien sources are:

chicken

ham

steak

eggs

lentil beans

essential fatty acids:

white fish

olive oil

nuts (dont have too many as you are trying to lose wieght)

unprocessed carbohydrates (keep these to your first 2-3 meals of the day, dont have after 3pm usually).

fruit (apples, oranges, bananas are the easiest and cheapest usually).

oats

potatoes.

brown rice

avoid ANY fast food outlest as it is usually shit.

PM M&M for a program and a proper diet if ur really serious.

DO this for the mean time:

Sqaut: 1X20, 1X15

SLDL: 2X10

SMP: 5X5

do this 2-3 times a week and throw tabata thrusters into the end of all your workouts.

thatll be $500.

RUTAKN - WTF are you talking about?

lkt004 - thanks alot for the advice mate, very much appreciated... esp "unprocessed carbohydrates (keep these to your first 2-3 meals of the day, dont have after 3pm usually)."

MidnightMods - stfu noob :P sr20 sucks

neil_se - haha i dont knwo weather or not to take that as a joke

ok can everyone relax its like all you guys say when a new guy comes is "read the pinned threads"

It is because all the answers you are after are in the pinned threads and it is obvious that you have not read them. Why should people write the same things over and over because you can't be bothered reading them.

essential fatty acids:

white fish

olive oil

nuts (dont have too many as you are trying to lose wieght)

Why white fish? isn't pink salmon one of the highest in EFA's?

dis dat rah rah

flat out like a 1 armed brick layer in baghdad

hahaha htat shit made me laugh

well the stuff ar safeway is almost $10 for 200grams. i get the tasmanian stuff, cbf checking what they feed it, whos got time for all that

you can get canned greensea's salmon for like $1.20 a can, taste's as good or better than the tuna imo, can get it flavoured too, tomato and basil or whatever. Though it does have slightly less protein.

i tried that canned pink salmon they sell just to see how it was. it was literally a thick slice of fish, bones and all. put me off for sure. i been hitting sardines now, they're alright. Greanseas stuffs good, plenty of variety