Sign in to follow this  
A-New

S15 Auto ECU into Manual everything else (i.e. manual wiring & loom)

The saga continues. I've read up that the Auto ECU will work with manual (but not manual ECU into auto).

What I'm doing is: replace the matched factory nissan AUTO ECU and immobiliser (incl key chip) into my otherwise manual car, and that is it. Everything else (manual loom, wiring, ABS computer, etc.) remains the same.

What I need confirmed is will it be:

1. plug and play or

2. is there re-wiring required of the loom to ensure the idle isn't too high, other misfiring issues, blah, etc.

If #2. can someone please provide me with a wiring map (and explicit, blow by blow directions) on how to get it working with my otherwise manual set-up.

Getting conflicting responses from those I've entrusted with getting this sorted so need it clear and simples.

Ta

ECU looks like this > post-158326-0-45147600-1464752971_thumb.jpg

Edited by A-New

From memory, plug and play, the auto ECU is a piggy back ECU attached to the larger ECU, just plug your manual ECU loom into the unit as you wont have the Auto loom, you should be able to remove the piggy back auto ECU of the main ECU

Edited by rusty1

Cheers rusty1, I believe I've got the main ECU (photo added above) out of an AUTO, didn't include a piggy back ECU

Anybody else had issues with idling if just plugging this AUTO main ECU & NATS immob into the manual loom?

Mine idled a bit high on cold start at times after doing a auto to manual conversion, was fixed after getting Nistune.