Sign in to follow this  
Jaymizzle

Should i work on my S14 Q?

So i bought a S14 awhile ago and want to do some things to it but it is a Q model. I am wondering if it is worth it to work on it or just leave it. I don't know the exact differences between the Q and K besides the motor and the amount of lugs on the wheels but there may be smaller things that just aren't worth working around or replacing. Any advice would be great thanks.

Depends what you paid for it, what you'll get back for it, how far do you want to go with it and personal attachment to that car?

well i want to do an rb swap eventually so i don't know if that would change if it matters that its a Q. I also would like to make the wheels 5 lug instead of 4 because i cant find wheels anywhere for it.

should be fine if you do an motor swap. turbo brakes and hubs would be a cheap upgrade and will give you the 5 studs. other than that, dont know much about the non-turbo cars we never saw them in oz

Plenty of wheels in 4x114.3 .. a few major JDM-yo brands even do up to 18" if that floats your boat. If you're cool with reps then there's XXR, Rota etc. Brake upgrades are nearly as easy on 4x as well.

Edited by Skepticism